Can You Share a Google Drive with Someone?
In the age of cloud services, many people choose Google Drive as their cloud storage service due to the great advantages that Google Drive can provide to its users. With 15 GB of large and free storage for each Google Drive account, you can upload files to Google Drive from your computer or mobile devices and store your personal and business data safely online.
Same to Microsoft 365 office suites, Google also provides various office suites that deeply link to Google Drive. After saving files on Google Drive, you can conveniently let Google Drive files collaborate with all those useful G Suite office suites.
Another attractive function that Google Drive offers is the fast and easy way of how to share a Google Drive with someone. As one of the best online file-sharing services, Google Drive provides different file access permissions for receivers to view the shared files. You just need to invite Google Drive users to your Google Drive file or folder as a successful online file sharing. Or you can send sharing links to receivers even if they don’t have a Google account.
What’s more, for business Google accounts, the Google Workspace allows teams and groups to directly share and collaborate in a Shared Drive without the need to solve the problem of how to share files with someone on Google Drive individually.
But now, let’s take a closer look at how to share Google Drive with others easily in 3 different ways listed below. The first two methods will tell you in detail of how to share files on Google Drive with friends, family, or colleagues by using the Google Drive web. And the last method will give you the most secure solution of how to share Google Drive file with everyone by password protection of MultCloud.
How to Share Google Drive with Someone in 2 Normal Ways
The Google Drive official website and its mobile applications for iOS and Android offer two basic ways for you to share files and folders with someone on Google Drive. The first method only allows you to share files with someone that is a Google or Gmail user. And the second method can help you share Google Drive files with someone that don’t have a Google account.
Way 1. How to Share a Google Drive with Someone by Inviting to Folder
Step 1. Log in to the Google Drive web with your personal Google or Google Workspace account.
Step 2. Select the files and folders in the “My Drive” folder that you want to share with someone.
Step 3. Right-click on the selected files and choose “Share” in the dropdown menu.
Step 4. Add the Google account or email of people and groups in the blank.
Step 5. Choose the file access permission that you want your receivers to get.
Step 6. Click the “Send” button below and your files are successfully shared with someone you added before.
Way 2. How to Share a Google Drive File with Someone through Link
Step 1. On the right-click menu of your selected files and folders in Google Drive, choose “Get link”.
Step 2. Choose the file access permission that you want your receivers to get.
Step 3. Click “Copy link” and share Google Drive folder with non-Gmail users by sending sharing links.
- Since everyone who gets the sharing link can access your shared files, please make sure that you are not sharing something including your privacy information.
- According to your needs, you can use these two basic methods on the Google Drive official website and the Google Drive mobile applications ds.
How to Share Google Drive with Someone in 1 Safer Way
Even though Google Drive offers some choices of file access permissions to enhance the security of sharing, it still doesn’t provide the best way of how to share a Google Drive file securely with higher safety protection. Luckily, a web-based professional cloud file sharing service called MultCloud provides 3 flexible sharing modes for you to share Google Drive and other clouds with anyone you want securely for free.
- A wide range of clouds are supported: MultCloud supports 30+ major cloud storage services for personal and business accounts and allows you to add all of them for free.
- Ask for file requests with all your clouds: You can create file requests from all your clouds added to MultCloud to let others upload files to your clouds directly.
- Collaborate with different cloud users: By subscribing MultCloud, you can create sub-accounts for your team, family, or friends to collaborate in one of your shared cloud folders no matter which cloud they use.
- Share cloud files with the best safety: You can use the Public Share, Private Share (password protection), and Source Share modes to share files from Google Drive, Google Workspace, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. with someone you want conveniently in MultCloud.
Here we are going to show you how to share a Google Drive with someone by the Private Share function of MultCloud. You can use the same method to share Google Drive files with Public Share or Source Share mode as well.
How to Share Google Drive with Someone Securely by MultCloud
Step 1. Create a MultCloud account for free and login.
Step 2. Click the “Add Cloud” button and choose the Google Drive icon to allow MultCloud to access your Google Drive account.
Tip: The OAuth authorization system will prevent the username and password of your clouds from being reserved by MultCloud.
Step 3. On the Google Drive page of MultCloud, tick the file or folder that you want to share with someone.
Step 4. Click the “Share” button above and click “Private Share” in the pop-up window.
Step 5. Click “Create Share” and “Copy” the sharing link to send it to someone you want by yourself. You can also share the link in the ways listed below the link.
- Please remember to tell your receiver the password of your sharing link.
- After opening the sharing link with the password, your recipients can view or download the shared file from the link. Or, they can directly save your shared files to their clouds by MultCloud without downloading and uploading.
In the End
The question of how to share Google Drive with someone now seems to be no difficulty for you to operate since you have read through this full guide on how to share files on Google Drive with friends, family, or team with step-by-step clear instructions.
Besides, as a multifunctional cloud file manager, MultCloud also provides some excellent features like Cloud Transfer, Cloud Sync, Cloud Backup, and Team Transfer for you to migrate Google Drive to new account seamlessly with a single click.