If you are a web host or a server administrator, FTP transfer is no stranger to you. Usually, the FTP client on your own computer works well, but not always on other computers, for example, your friend’s computer. However, in this article, we are talking about FTP to FTP file transfer online. Read below to learn more detailed information about it.
About FTP to FTP Transfer Online
Assuming that you plan to transfer, sync or backup files from other servers to your server. Other servers maybe not only one. One thing we can ensure is that the volume of files is big, otherwise, it won’t be a problem.
For big volumes, downloading files from the original server and re-uploading them to your server is impossible. One reason is that storage space as a transfer station needs to have enough free space, another reason is that the two processes need much time to complete. So there comes a question: is there any way they can directly perform direct FTP to FTP transfer?
Best Tool for FTP to FTP Transfer---MultCloud
The answer is yes! Here, you can try a free web-based tool named MultCloud. For MultCloud, it's a multiple cloud storage manager that can transfer files from one cloud to another directly from one platform. Currently, MultCloud supports more than 30 cloud drives.
Supported cloud drives below:
Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Google Drive, Google Workspace, Google Photos, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, MEGA, Flickr, Box, Box for Business, pCloud, Amazon S3, Wasabi, SugarSync, Hubic, Evernote, CloudMe, Cubby, MyDrive, WEB.DE, Yandex, HiDrive, MySQL, Egnyte, Putio, Backblaze, MediaFire, ownCloud, ADrive, Baidu, even NAS, WebDAV, FTP/SFTP, Shared with me and Shared Drive.
In addition to the point mentioned above, MultCloud also supports 5 main functions:
- Cloud Transfer: This function can support you to transfer files between multiple cloud drives, especially suitable for big data migration operations, such as Box to OneDrive migration;
- Team Transfer: Enterprise account administrators can use this function to transfer all sub-account data from one cloud to another, such as transfer data between Google Workspace accounts. You can use the account matching method provided by the system to match all sub-accounts;
- Cloud Sync: If you are worried about data loss and damage, you can use "Real Time Sync" in this function to directly sync data from one cloud drive to another cloud drive in real-time;
- Cloud Backup: After backing up important data to another cloud drive, you don't have to worry about the data being unrecoverable. This feature not only helps you back up your data, but also helps you restore your data to a previous version;
- Remote Upload: Many good-looking movies support downloading locally via torrent links and magnetic links. You can use the “Remote Upload” function to directly download your favorite movies to the corresponding cloud drive to generate your own favorite movie library, such as downloading torrent files directly to MEGA cloud.
How to Effortlessly Perform FTP to FTP Transfer?
With the help of MultCloud, it can help you easily transfer FTP files from one server to another online. Read the below parts to learn how to transfer data from FTP to another account.
Step 1. Create One MultCloud Account
Sign up for an account with your email and password, or you can simply click Facebook and Google to grant registration.
Step 2. Add Your FTP Accounts to MultCloud
Select "FTP" and enter information about this FTP server in the pop-up window to add to MultCloud. Then repeat this step to add another FTP server to MultCloud as well.
- To distinguish these two accounts, you can name them FTP 1 and FTP 2 respectively when adding accounts.
- After adding your FTP accounts to MultCloud, you can see all files via MultCloud’s interface and do some changes such as delete, rename, preview, share, download and so on.
Step 3. Transfer Files between FTP Servers via “Copy” or “Copy to”
Open your FTP account, select target files that need to transfer, then right click the blank area, select “Copy” or “Copy to” from the context menu to transfer files between FTP servers. If you select “Copy”, you need to open your FTP 2 account and paste these files to the destination under FTP 2 account. If you select the “Copy to” option, it will appear a pop-up window can be seen below.
Our purpose is to transfer from FTP 1 to FTP 2, so in this window, we should choose “FTP 2” and then click the "OK" button.
Note: If you tick the "Multi-select" button, you can transfer files to multiple destinations at the same time.
If you need to transfer a lot of files, you can choose the "Cloud Transfer" function provided by MultCloud to operate. You need to select the corresponding location on the "FROM" and "TO" interfaces, and then click "Transfer Now". This method is very suitable for big data migration, which is convenient and fast. In addition, you can also set specific transmission time points or periods in "Schedule".
As you can see, MultCloud handles the FTP to FTP transfer online without downloading in just 3 steps. In a word, it is an excellent free multiple cloud management application that allows you to cloud sync, backup and transfer. It's worth having a try.